All Saints Episcopal Church is a member of the Diocese of Eastern Oregon. Our building has been set apart as a place to worship God since the first cornerstone was laid on June 29, 1903. The building you see today is more than 100 years old, but it is not our original building. On May 26, 1899, the cornerstone of Heppner’s first Episcopal Church was laid. That church was consecrated on May 12, 1900. On June 14, 1903, a devastating flood took the lives of 206 people and destroyed most of the community of Heppner, including the first church building. Fifteen days later the cornerstone for the existing building was laid.
Hope Lutheran Church is a member of the Oregon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Hope celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2005. The congregation was first organized in 1955 by the Board of American Missions of the American Lutheran Church. Construction of the church was completed in 1957, and a neighboring home became the parsonage. In cooperation of the Augustana Synod, a two-point parish was set up with Valby Lutheran Church, a rural congregation that has existed since 1886. The two Lutheran churches added the Episcopal Church to their shared ministry in 2000. Valby withdrew from this partnership at the end of 2006. Hope and All Saints continue to be healthy partners in ministry. Hope is referred to as the best church by a dam site, as it sits just below the Willow Creek Dam.
Our Mission Statements
All Saints Episcopal Church
As a family of God, is it our mission to worship together, love one another, and reach out to our community in love.
Hope Lutheran Church
As called members of the Body of Christ, we are committed to follow Jesus’ example by spreading His love and grace in a spiritual home in which all may be nurtured in Christian faith, fellowship, education and service to others.
Pastor Katy, a fourth generation Lutheran pastor, entered the ministry after careers as teacher, paralegal and mediator. She is a graduate of Valparaiso University, the University of Illinois, and Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary (TEEM). She has served as pastor to the shared ministry since July 2010.